Travel Information: COVID-19 Update, 24 May 2020
Chris's Beacon Point Restaurant & Villas (Chris's) has implemented and will continue to apply stringent measures against the spread of the coronavirus. The health and well-being of all our guests, staff and suppliers remains our main priority.
We are reinforcing strict precautionary measures including conducting temperature readings for all staff, suppliers, and contractors upon arrival at Chris's and frequent disinfection of all areas of the premises. The increased cleaning and sanitizing regimen throughout the entire property includes all rooms, public spaces, back of house areas, reception areas, pens, touch screens and room keys.
We are continually educating our staff, suppliers and guests to observe safe hygiene practices. Additional preventive actions we have taken amongst our colleagues to help avert the spread of COVID-19 include: washing hands thoroughly with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, maintaining social distancing, staying home if feeling unwell and avoiding close contact with anyone with symptoms of respiratory illness.
We will continue to respond and adopt the necessary precautionary processes based on the expert advice of the World Health Organization, local governments, public health authorities and medical professionals to ensure we play our role in stopping the transmission of this virus.
We have strengthened precautionary measures to safeguard the health of our colleagues and guests, as well as keeping a tight surveillance on the current situation. Below are the main actions that we are currently implementing:
- Increased frequency of disinfecting in all public areas including, but not limited to, handrails, counter tops, keyboards, touch screens and door handles, remote controls, cutlery, cups, and all other surfaces in both rooms and the restaurant.
- All cleaning staff and restaurant chefs wear face masks and single use rubber gloves on duty.
- Guests are required to complete a declaration form regarding their recent travel details.
- Guests are provided with facemasks on request.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in entries and exit areas in the lobby and hand sanitizer bottles at waiters' stations in the restaurant, bar and reception.
- All staff have their temperatures taken on arrival for their shifts.
- Notices have been posted in work areas to remind staff to maintain good personal hygiene at all times.
Below are the supplementary precautionary measures taken on our premises & restaurant:
- Proactively disinfect all tables after each guest's departure.
- Place additional sneeze guards at the buffet displays.
- Provide additional hand sanitizers for guests and colleagues in the restaurants.
- Sterilize all public areas, surfaces and equipment every 30 minutes, including and not limited to the door handles, reception desk, credit card machines, POS.
- All chinaware, glassware and cutlery are sterilized using a high temperature washing machine and sanitizer.
In our ongoing commitment to care for our guests and staff, we will continue to monitor any developments closely.